- Animal Science
- Audio-Visual Production
- Automotive Technology
- Carpentry and Construction Trades
- Collision Repair and Auto Body Technology
- Criminal Justice
- Culinary Arts
- Early Childhood Education and Human Services
- Enriching Learning with Nanotechnology
- Heavy Equipment Operations
- Media Communications Technology
- Medical Assisting
- Natural Resources
- New Vision - Education Professions
- New Vision - Health Professions
- Power Equipment Technology
- Pre-Engineering and CADD
- Product Design and Manufacturing
- Welding and Metal Fabrication
New Vision – Health Professions
- Andrea Hlasnick
- Belmont Center
- Jennifer Militello
- Olean Center
A one-year, senior-level, highly academic program that allows students to explore the health care field while gaining high school and college credits. The program provides students the opportunity to learn basic medical concepts, exposure to many medical careers and settings, and familiarize students with anatomy and physiology of the human body at both the microscopic and macroscopic levels. The program also provides accumulation of up to 150 clinical hours in local hospitals/health care facilities.
Students will learn the basic principles of Medical Terminology – medical word building, pronunciation and use of medical terms. This program will develop critical thinking and writing skills through various projects and research papers. Students will also be able to develop into informed citizens through course work in Economics and Participation in Government.
Things You Get To Do
- Diet analysis studied through a nutrition project
- Dissection of owl pellets and lab specimens
- Conduct experiments in lab at JCC
- Values, ethics, diversity and perspectives project
- Participate in a Mock Tribunal
- College Visits and Field Trips
Where It Can Lead
- Medical Lab Technologist
- Physical Therapist
- Physician Assistant
- Registered Nurse
- Speech Therapist
- Ultrasound Technologist
What You Can Earn
- CPR/AED Certification
- First Aid Certification
Go To College With Credits
- 17 College Credits from Jamestown Community College
Where It's Held
Career and Technical Education Center at Belmont
5536 County Route 48, Belmont, NY 14813 | 716-376-8326opens phone dialer
- Career and Technical Education Center at Olean
1825 Windfall Rd., Olean, NY 14760-9303 | 716-376-8200opens phone dialer
Skills Learned in Class
- Demonstrated high motivation by writing an essay describing their goals and attributes.
- Recommendations from a school counselor, an administrator and two academic teachers.
- A grade point average of 85% or higher.
- Excellent attendance records of 90% or better (reviewed on an individual basis).
Apply For Admission
- Students can opens in a new windowApply for Admission online.