- Animal Science
- Audio-Visual Production
- Automotive Technology
- Carpentry and Construction Trades
- Collision Repair and Auto Body Technology
- Criminal Justice
- Culinary Arts
- Early Childhood Education and Human Services
- Enriching Learning with Nanotechnology
- Heavy Equipment Operations
- Media Communications Technology
- Medical Assisting
- Natural Resources
- New Vision - Education Professions
- New Vision - Health Professions
- Power Equipment Technology
- Pre-Engineering and CADD
- Product Design and Manufacturing
- Welding and Metal Fabrication
New Vision – Educational Careers
- John Padlo
- Olean Center
The New Vision – Health Professions program is a one-year, senior-level, highly academic program that allows students to explore the health care field while gaining high school and college credits.
The program provides students the opportunity to learn basic medical concepts, gain exposure to many medical careers and settings, and familiarize students with anatomy and physiology of the human body at both the microscopic and macroscopic levels. The program also provides accumulation of up to 150 clinical hours in local hospitals/health care facilities.
Students will learn the basic principles of Medical Terminology – medical word building, pronunciation and use of medical terms. This program will develop critical thinking and writing skills through various projects and research papers. Students will also be able to develop into informed citizens through course work in Economics and Participation in Government
Things You Get To Do
- College Visits and Field Trips.
- Career Exploration.
- Shadowing experiences.
- Participate in Teacher training seminars.
- Technology in Education Platforms.
Where It Can Lead
- Preschool Educator
- Elementary Educator
- Middle School Educator
- Secondary Educator - Content Specific
- Special Education Teacher
- Speech Therapist
- Occupational Therapist
- Physical Therapist
- School Counselor
- Social Worker
- School Administrator
What You Can Earn
- CPR/AED Certification
- First Aid Certification
- Dignity for All Students (DASA)
- Mandated Reporter Certification
Go To College With Credits
- College Credit through JCC - English 15101/1530; Foundations in Education.
- Articulations agreements between JCC and St. Bonaventure University.
Where It's Held
Skills Learned in Class
- Demonstrated high motivation by writing an essay describing their goals and attributes.
- Recommendations from a school counselor, an administrator and two academic teachers.
- Successfully completed the interview process.
- A grade point average of 85% or higher.
- Excellent attendance records of 90% or better (reviewed on an individual basis).
Apply For Admission
- Students can opens in a new windowApply for Admission online.