Arts in Education (COSER 403)
CoSer 402 and 403 Paperworkopens PDF file
Through the Arts in Education COSER, districts can provide students with engagement in the arts through a variety of opportunities including but not limited to cultural field trips, art/music lessons and performances, museums and art exhibitions. Students experience the arts by attending regional live theatrical performances throughout the year. This service also allows participating school districts to purchase student tickets to arts related educational events according to the COSER guidelines. Artists in residence and authors can be brought into districts with prior CA BOCES Board of Education approval.
- Activities should align with NYSED Learning Standards for the Arts; submit a lesson plan showing alignment.
- Activities may be scheduled on weekends.
- Food, lodging, and transportation costs are not eligible for BOCES aid.
- Any travel involved must be considered a ‘school event’, requiring the district responsible for transportation.
- No share between districts is required.
- Events hosted within districts must be approved by the CA BOCES Board of Education prior to the event.
Your district may also choose to participate in a live performance of the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra (COSER 403.040)
Contact Karen Insley, Program Manager for Student Services, for assistance (716) 376-8284opens phone dialer or firstname.lastname@example.org new email
- Jean Oliveriocreate new email, Coordinator, (716) 376-8323opens phone dialer
- Maggie Redmondcreate new email, Keyboard Specialist, (716) 376-8292opens phone dialer
- Joan Haynescreate new email, Keyboard Specialist, (716) 376-8208opens phone dialer