BOCES REGIONAL ACADEMIC SUMMER SCHOOL (COSER 405)
Cattaraugus-Allegany BOCES offers a Regional Academic Summer School program for middle and high school students in Allegany and Cattaraugus counties. The program is designed to enable students to gain the knowledge and skills necessary to gain credit towards graduation within the framework of the NYS Summer School requirements. Participating schools may enroll students in Math, English, Social Studies, Science, as well as other on-line courses. Districts may also register students for the August Regents Exams.
Remote BOCES Regional Academic Summer School 2020 (COSER 409)
BOCES Regional Academic Summer School (BRASS) operates in accordance to NYSED guidelines which can be found in the opens in a new window2020 Summer School Handbook.
- Students are expected to attend regular Zoom meetings with their teacher at a specific time each day to receive essential information, preview the week of learning activities, and receive instructional support as needed.
- Students are also enrolled in online classes with Apex Learning.
- Teachers will monitor student progress through the Apex Learning and provide daily feedback.
- Online classes are designed to be at least 20 hours in length for credit recovery; 45 hours for ½ credit, and 90 hours for 1 credit. Hours of engagement will be monitored within the Apex learning environment, as well as attendance within daily Zoom meetings.
- Students are required to complete all class assignments on or before August 7, 2020. If assignments are not finished by August 7, the teacher will assess student performance based on completion of the course and assign final grades accordingly.
- Daily attendance will be taken in all Zoom meetings.
Please register students through the BOCES opens in a new windowSummer School Website. Student registrations accepted June 1 through June 30, 2021
DRIVER EDUCATION (COSER 405.030)
A student driver education program is offered at many of the BOCES component school districts each summer. Students who successfully complete the program will meet the all NYS requirements and will be eligible for the NYS Department of Motor Vehicle’s MV-285 Certificate of Completion.
Please register students from your districts through the BOCES opens in a new windowSummer School Website. Student registrations accepted June 1 through June 30, 2021