Point and Insurance
Save money on your car insurance and/or reduce some violation points on your driving record! Refresh your driving knowledge with a review of time-tested safe driving tips and an overview of today’s vehicle and traffic laws during this six (6) hour course. Pre-payment required. Minimum 10 students, maximum 30 students.
5-Hour Pre-licensing Course
All applicants for a NYS driver’s license must take a five-hour course consisting of classroom driver training and highway safety instruction. Included is an alcohol and drug education component. Below is a list of classes that meet the Bureau of Motor Vehicles requirements before a Road Test will be offered. Seating is limited. Pre-registration is required with $35 fee (cash or money order only) and a copy of your valid NYS learner’s permit.
All classes will be held from 4:00 – 9:00 p.m. Please arrive by 3:45 p.m.
Center at Belmont
5536 County Route 48
Belmont, NY 14813
Center at Ellicottville
5550 Route 242E
Ellicottville, NY 14731
Center at Olean
1825 Windfall Road
Olean, NY 14760
Ways to Register
- In Person: Stop in to any of our three CTE Centers at Belmont, Ellicottville or Olean. We will need a copy of the valid NYS learner’s permit and the $35 fee (cash or money order ONLY!)
- Mail: Send money order addressed to CA BOCES, Attn: 5-Hour, 1825 Windfall Road, Olean, NY 14760. Please include a copy of the valid NYS learner’s permit, phone number and which class date/location you would like to attend.
Please note: Registration is on a first come, first serve basis. We cannot guarantee a spot in the class you wish to register if you mail in a payment. If the class date/location you request is full, we will contact you to schedule a different date. For more information, please call (716) 376–8264. Please note that we do not accept credit/debit cards or checks for the 5-Hour Pre-Licensing Course. Please do not send cash in the mail.
Class A – Tractor Trailer Commercial Driver’s License (CDL A)
Are you interested in an exciting, professional career as a Class A Tractor Trailer Driver? Learn how to drive a Tractor Trailer in just five weeks. Jobs are plentiful for over-the-road drivers. Some funding may be available for the 150-hour training.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Must possess a current driver’s license and Class A learner’s permit.
- DOT physical and drug test.
Class B – Commercial Driver’s License (CDL B)
Learn all the necessary state and federal regulations regarding CDL B. This 45-hour program consists of field time and driving to prepare you for safe operations, pre-trip, inside and out, parallel parking, straight line backing, and other maneuvers. Drive on the road with a professional licensed driver and get a working knowledge of the industry. This class includes the Road Test on our equipment.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Must possess a current driver’s license and Class B learner’s permit.
- DOT physical and drug test.
If interested in CDL A or B training, please call (716) 376-8211