Point and Insurance
Save money on your car insurance and/or reduce some violation points on your driving record! Refresh your driving knowledge with a review of time-tested safe driving tips and an overview of today’s vehicle and traffic laws during this six (6) hour course. Pre-payment required. Minimum 10 students, maximum 30 students.
Courses will be held:
CTE Center at Olean
CTE Center at Ellicottville
CTE Center at Belmont
5-Hour Pre-licensing Course
All applicants for a NYS driver’s license must take a five-hour course consisting of classroom driver training and highway safety instruction. Included is an alcohol and drug education component. Below is a list of classes that meet the Bureau of Motor Vehicles requirements before a Road Test will be offered. Seating is limited. Pre-registration is required with $35 fee (cash or money order only) and a copy of your valid NYS learner’s permit.
All classes will be held from 4:00 – 9:00 p.m. Please arrive by 3:45 p.m.
Center at Belmont
5536 County Route 48
Belmont, NY 14813
(716) 376-8322opens phone dialer
Center at Ellicottville
5550 Route 242E
Ellicottville, NY 14731
(716) 376-8300opens phone dialer
Center at Olean
1825 Windfall Road
Olean, NY 14760
(716) 376-8410opens phone dialer
- July 14, 2021 – (9:00am – 2:00pm)
- July 28, 2021 – (9:00am – 2:00pm)
- August 11, 2021 – (9:00am – 2:00pm)
- August 25, 2021 – (9:00am – 2:00pm)
Ways to Register
- In Person: Stop in to any of our three CTE Centers at Belmont, Ellicottville or Olean. We will need a copy of the valid NYS learner’s permit and the $35 fee (cash or money order ONLY!)
- Mail: Send money order addressed to CA BOCES, Attn: 5-Hour, 1825 Windfall Road, Olean, NY 14760. Please include a copy of the valid NYS learner’s permit, phone number and which class date/location you would like to attend.
Please note: Registration is on a first come, first serve basis. We cannot guarantee a spot in the class you wish to register if you mail in a payment. If the class date/location you request is full, we will contact you to schedule a different date. For more information, please call (716) 376–8264opens phone dialer. Please note that we do not accept credit/debit cards or checks for the 5-Hour Pre-Licensing Course. Please do not send cash in the mail.
Class A – Tractor Trailer Commercial Driver’s License (CDL A)
Are you interested in an exciting, professional career as a Class A Tractor Trailer Driver? Learn how to drive a Tractor Trailer in just five weeks. Jobs are plentiful for over-the-road drivers. Some funding may be available for the 150-hour training.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Must possess a current driver’s license and Class A learner’s permit.
- DOT physical and drug test.
Class B – Commercial Driver’s License (CDL B)
Learn all the necessary state and federal regulations regarding CDL B. This 45-hour program consists of field time and driving to prepare you for safe operations, pre-trip, inside and out, parallel parking, straight line backing, and other maneuvers. Drive on the road with a professional licensed driver and get a working knowledge of the industry. This class includes the Road Test on our equipment.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Must possess a current driver’s license and Class B learner’s permit.
- DOT physical and drug test.
If interested in CDL A or B training, please call (716) 376-8211