Arts in Education (COSER 403)
Through the Arts in Education COSER, districts can provide students with engagement in the arts through a variety of opportunities including but not limited to cultural field trips, art/music lessons and performances, museums and art exhibitions. Students experience the arts by attending regional live theatrical performances throughout the year. This service also allows participating school districts to purchase student tickets to arts related educational events according to the COSER guidelines. Artists in residence and authors can be brought into districts with prior CA BOCES Board of Education approval.
The 2020-20212 program includes the following regional theater performances:
- Otherwise Known As Shelia the Great; October 28-30 (postponed)
- Harry the Dirty Dog; December 2-4
- Lily’s Crossing; February 3-5
- Cowboy Camp; March 10-12
- Activities must align with NYSED Learning Standards for the Arts; must submit a lesson plan showing alignment.
- Activities may be scheduled on weekends.
- Food, lodging, and transportation costs are not eligible for BOCES aid.
- Any travel involved must be considered a ‘school event’, requiring the district responsible for transportation.
- No share between districts is required.
- Events hosted within districts must be approved by the CA BOCES Board of Education prior to the event.
Your district may also choose to participate in a live performance of the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra (COSER 403.040) scheduled for April 28, 2021