Library Services and Online Databases (CoSer 510)
This service provides collections of databases, periodicals, newspapers, and reference resources. Teachers and students can use these multiple, searchable databases for informational text and research projects. Our Database Service provides access to two major online resources and eBooks. This service also allows for district purchase of databases.
Encyclopedia Britannica Online School Edition includes:
- Elementary, Middle, and High School levels
- Online research storage area; easy access for students
World Book Online includes:
- World Book Kids, World Book Student, World Book Advanced
- Spanish Encyclopedia
- Videos, eBooks, and online research storage area
- College and Workforce Readiness
- Student close reading of non-fiction
Each user must register a personal account with SAGE Journals, individuals need to register with a valid school e-mail address to complete the registration process. If not registered on SAGE Journals, please click on the create account button below.
Once registered, users should click the login button below to log into journals.
*Note: Participating schools can elect to have additional specialized databases at a reduced cost, for example: Bookflix, Opposing View Points, Turnitin, non-fiction eBooks, and many others.
- Tumble Books
- Sylvan Dell Books
- Project-based learning resources
- AASL Elementary activities
Digital Learning online tutorials:
- 21st Century learning
- ELA Common Core
- Differentiated instruction
This service also provides access to Overdrive, an online eBook library that is district/library specific. Participating districts also have access to a shared regional library. Book files are managed locally and are viewable on most electronic devices.
We have a variety of book loaning opportunities via the Union Catalog and OCLC. Do you have classes that you are taking and need a book? Why not borrow it for free!
Union Catalog/OCLC requests, please use the request form.
For questions/concerns, contact Cathy Dunkleman at Catherine_Dunkleman@caboces.orgcreate new email or 716-376-8245.
- opens in a new windowCABOCES CCD Plan 2021-2026opens PDF file
- opens in a new windowCABOCES Evaluation Summary Formopens PDF file
- opens in a new windowCASLS By-Lawsopens PDF file
- opens in a new windowCASLS Member Directory 2020-2021opens PDF file
- opens in a new windowMember Plan 2021
- opens in a new windowSchool Library System Plan of Service 2016-2021opens PDF file
Overdrive (CoSer 510.005)
Overdrive is an addition to the Library Services that provides faculty, staff, and students access to electronic books. Participating school have access to a unique collection of books selected and purchased by its school librarian, as well as a shared collection selected and purchased by the CA BOCES School Library Systems Coordinator.
Online Databases (CoSer 510.100)
Contact Cece Fuoco for pricing and available databases through the CoSer at Cecelia_Fuoco@caboces.orgcreate new email or 716-376-8206.
Music Library Materials (CoSer 510.200)
The shared Music Library allows distrcts to purchase and share sheet music for band.
K-12 ELA Links
Amy Windus, Program Manager (716) 376-8285
Cece Fuoco, School Library Systems Coordinator (716) 376-8206
Cathy Dunkleman, Keyboard Specialist (716) 376-8245