Report an Improper Disclosure

Please do NOT include any information in this form that would constitute student personally identifiable information.  If we need further information regarding your complaint, SED will contact you.

Who may file a complaint?

Parents of a student or eligible student (student who is at least 18 years of age or attending a postsecondary institution at any age), principals, teachers, and employees of an educational agency.

Will you accept anonymous complaints?

It is our preference that complaints identify the person making the complaint (complainant) but we will generally accept and investigate anonymous complaints if we receive enough information to investigate. Please note that it may be impossible to properly investigate or respond to an anonymous complaint if the original complaint does not provide enough information and we are not provided with a contact who can supplement or clarify the information for us.

Will you contact third parties named in complaint?

While investigating your complaint, we may need to contact any third parties named in your privacy complaint and disclose the details of your complaint, and if needed, the complainant’s identity.

Improper Disclosure Report

  • MM slash DD slash YYYY
  • List names and telephone numbers/email of individuals who can provide additional information.
  • Have you contacted any school official in an attempt to resolve this matter? If so, whom? What occurred?
  • Please provide any additional information in regards to this complaint.
  • I certify that the information I have provided is true to the best of my knowledge.