Professional Development Programs
|Cattauraugus Allegany BOCES proudly offers over 1300 annual professional development sessions with classrooms teachers and regional educational leaders. All our Professional Development COSER's work together to provide high quality training and facilitation on various topics. Access our Calendar of Events for offerings hosted in the region and also feel free to contact anyone on our staff to plan and implement professional development at your school. Please contact Tim Clarke, Program Manager for Professional Development, for more details: 716-376-8321 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional Development COSER's
Shared Professional Development (COSER 507) - For administrators or teachers supporting collaborative and consortium learning. This COSER also supports elements of implementation. Districts also use this COSER to share professional development related contracts when two or more schools districts are involved in joint professional development, for which BOCES BOE approval is required.
Model Schools/Technology Integration (COSER 517)
- This COSER provides teachers with the most current instruction on technology integration software, hardware and basic skills. Professional Development is delivered at BOCES locations or on-demand at your local school.
- · Facilitation of new and emerging technologies
- · District assistance in developing technology plans
- · Enhancement of technology integration through instruction, one-on-one, in the teacher’s classroom
- · Enhancement of instruction through group training through teacher sharing of curriculum
- · Assessment and instructional practices
Computer Coordination Services (COSER 518)
- This COSER provides assistance to district technology coordinators & district technology integration specialists. Technology coordinator/integrator forums (TCIF) are conducted throughout year. Additional offerings to be offered online. * This COSER operates in conjunction with COSER 517. Please contact Laurie Sledge to be added to the TCIF
Curriculum Cooridination Services (COSER 524)
- Curriculum staff development services including the Curriculum Forum which meets face-to-face as well as via webinar to deliver information and professional development from NYSED to our region. This COSER is mainly designed to support administration in curriculum development and support roles. Please contact Laurie Sledge to be added to the Curriculum
Effective Schools (COSER 529)
- Programming in this COSER is designed based on current trends and research as well as mandated programming and projects aligned to the NYS Teaching Standards. In addition to offerings in teacher and leadership development, this COSER is providing professional development relating to the NYSED reform agenda and receives training directly from NYSED’s Network Team Institutes. Offerings are provided at BOCES and on-demand in district.
Coaching (COSER 509) - The Coaching Service provides mandated training for all school coaches that include basic courses, First Aid, CPR, AED and refresher courses.
Bus Driver/Monitor/Attendant Training (COSER 613)
- This COSER provides mandated 30-hour basic course, 2-hour refresher courses, 3-hour pre-service course and 10-hour advanced courses for bus drivers as well as the basic course for bus monitors-attendants.
|Connect with Instructional Support Services